A/ Will havde done
Chúng ta dùng will have + quá khứ phân từ (tương lai hoàn thành) để diễn tả điều mà sẽ hoàn thành trong tương lai.
Một số ví dụ:
I like looking at these pictures, but I’ll have had enough by lunch-time.
Trevor and Laura will have lived here for four year next April.
This chess game is going to last ages. They won’t have finished it until midnight.
Will you have read this book by the time it’s due back to the library? – Yes. I’ll have finished it by then.
Chúng ta thường sử dụng tương lai hoàn thành với những cụm từ chỉ thời gian chẳng hạn như by lunch-time, until midnight, before then, by the time you have to take it back.
B/ Was / were going to
Chúng ta dùng be going to ở thì quá khứ để diễn tả một ý định trong quá khứ. Thường thì hành động theo dự định này đã không xảy ra.
Một số ví dụ:
I was going to tidy the flat, but didn’t have time.
Daniel wasn’t going to spend any money, but he saw a jacket he just had to buy.
The girls left early. They were going to catch the eight o’clock train.
So you went to the airport without a ticket. Where were you going to fly to?
The woman walked away just as I was going to speak to her. (just as = at the moment when)
Chúng ta cũng dùng was / were going to cho một dự đoán trong quá khứ.
I knew something was / were going to wrong with the plan.
Would có một nghĩa tương tự.
I knew something would go wrong with the plan.
[nextpage title=”Bài tập”]
I) Paul muốn trở thành một họa sĩ. Anh ta đang đọc câu chuyện nói về một họa sĩ nổi tiếng có tên là Winston Plummer.
Wiston Plummer was a great artist, who had a wonderful career. He won lots of prizes before he was twenty. By the age of twenty-five he had had his own exhibition. He was the subject of a TV documentary by the time he was thirty. By the age of thirty-five he had become world-famous. He made millions of pounds from his pictures before he was forty.
Paul is daydreaming about his own future career. What is he thinking?
I hope I’ll have won lots of prizes before I’m twenty.
1) Perhaps ……………… my own exhibition by the age of twenty-five.
2) I wonder if ………….. by the time I’m thirty.
3) Maybe ……………. by the age of thirty-five.
4) I hope …………….. by the age of forty.
II) Bạn giỏi toán đến mức nào? Bạn có thể tìm ra đáp số hay không?
It’s quarter to six. Melanie is putting something in the oven.
I needs to be in the oven for an hour and a half. When will it have cooked?
It will have cooked at quarter past seven.
1) It’s seven o’clock in the evening, and Andrew is starting to write an essay. He writes one page every fifteen minutes. He plans to finish the essay at midnight. How many pages will have written?
He will have written …… pages.
2) It’s Monday morning, and Sarah is travelling to work. It’s twenty miles from her home to the office.
How far will she have travelled to and from work by the time she gets home on Friday?
3) Matthew is doing press-ups – one every two seconds. How many will he have done after five minutes?
III) Hoàn thành các câu sau. Sử dụng was / were going to với các động từ: go, get, see, pick
The train left just as Mike was going to get on it.
1) I’m afraid the shop closed just as we ……………. in.
2) The phone stopped ringing just as Melanie ……. it up.
3) We ………. a film about the Mafia, but the tickets were sold out.
IV) Trevor cứ luôn xin lỗi về việc đã không làm những điều đó. Hoàn thành các câu của ông ấy.
put up the shelves / not have any screws
Sorry. I was going to put up the shelves, but I didn’t have any screws.
1) paint the door / not feel very well
2) repair the lamp / forget
Oh, yes …………………….
3) wallpaper the bedroom / not have time
[nextpage title=”Đáp án”]
1) I will have had
2) I will have been the subject of a TV documentary
3) I will have become world-famous
4) I will have made millions of pounds from my pictures
2) She will have travelled two hundred miles.
3) He will have done a / one hundred and fifty (press-ups).
1) were going to go
2) was going to pick
3) were going to see
1) I was going to paint the door, but I didn’t feel very well
2) I was going to repair the lamp, but I forgot
3) I was going to wallpaper the bedroom, but I didn’t have time.