EXERCISE 4: Use the correct tenses: Simple past, Present perfect or Present perfect continuous tense.
- I know (know) Mary for a very long time.
- He is only 22, but he __ (already visit) more than 30 countries.
- How long __ Olga __ (be) a teacher?
- So far this year, we __ (save) over $6000.
- My mother __(have) a cat for about three years.
- How many countries __ they (visit) in the last two years?
- I’m really tired. I ____ well recently. (not sleep)
- Let’s celebrate – Carlos ____ his exams at last! (pass)
- I ____ my bedroom all afternoon, but it’s still in a mess! (pick up)
- I ____to Mexico four times. (go)
EXERCISE 5: Circle the correct alternatives.
- Since last May, I have moved / have been moving house twice.
- It smells wonderful in the kitchen . Have you baked / Have you been baking a cake?
- I have eight missed calls on my cell phone! Ines has called/ has been calling me all morning.
- I haven’t smelled / haven’t been smelling that perfume since I was a child.
- Have you heard / Have you been hearing the news about Maria? She’s moving to the USA!
- Have you switched / been switching off the TV ?
- We love this film! We’ve seen / been seeing it five times.
- This is my American friend. She’s stayed / been staying at my house but she goes back to the U.S.A tomorrow.
- Your eyes are wet. Why have you cried/ been crying?
- That’s it! I’ve finished/ been finishing my assignment.
Câu trả lời đúng nhất
- I have known Mary for a very long time.
- He’s only 22, but he has already visited more than 30 countries.
- How long is Olga going to be a teacher?
- So far this year, we’ve saved over $6,000.
- My mother has had a cat for about three years.
- How many countries have they visited in the last two years?
- I’m already tired. I don’t sleep well recently.
- Let’s celebrate Carlos passing his exams at last!
- I’ve been picking things up in my bedroom all afternoon, but it’s still in a mess!
- I went to Mexico four times.
- Since last May, I have moved houses twice.
- Have you baked a cake?
- Ines has been calling me all morning.
- I haven’t smelled that perfume since I was a child.
- Have you heard the news about Maria?
- Have you switched off the TV?
- We’ve seen it five times.
- She’s been staying at my house but she goes back to the USA tomorrow.
- Why have you been crying?
- I’ve finished my assignment.
Vui lòng đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để đăng câu trả lời